A high-speed, precision inspection machine for 100% near-line or inline gear inspections.
Non-contact 3D Gear Inspection System
ZeroTouch® ZTG-2580 is a non-contact gear inspection system that generates a 3D point cloud, providing manufacturers with real-time metrology and inspection data to optimize production processes and improve ROI.
A New Way to Inspect Gears
Using multiple laser triangulation sensors that acquire millions of data points per sensor, the ZeroTouch® ZTG-2580 gear inspection system performs 3D inspections of complex gear geometries and surface defects with speed, accuracy, and flexibility.
Accuracy and repeatability
ZTG-2580 achieves reliable and repeatable measurement by 3D referencing over the complete reference surfaces. Collecting millions of data points minimizes surface local defects or roughness, making the machine extremely repeatable even when measuring recently milled or cut gears.
Automatic part loading and unloading
Simple interfacing with the manufacturing process through a loading and unloading robot integrated in the ZTG-2580 gear inspection system.
Features & Benefits
- 100% inspection of gear and teeth geometries with cycle times from 30 seconds per part
- Installed in the immediate vicinity of the production line
- Fast identification of production defects, enabling adjustment of upstream processes
- 3D inspection of complex geometries using multiple sensors
- Captures dense precision point cloud data with speed and accuracy
- Advanced analytics integration with application-specific tools
- Profile, helix, pitch, and runout measurements
- Surface defect detection and characterization capabilities
- Multiple laser line triangulation metrology sensors
- Real-time data capture and storage for SPC analysis
External Ring: 80 mm max. diameter
Part Height: Up to 25 mm
Typical Cycle Time: ~30 seconds
Tolerances: 5-10 μm
Surface Defect Detection: 50µm (min. defect size)
Profile evaluations (Fα-fHα-ffα-Cα)
Helix evaluations (Fβ-fHβ-ffβ-Cβ)
Pitch and roudness evaluations (Fp-fp-Fr)
Diameter over balls (Mdk)
2,000 x 1,000 x 2,000 mm (W x D x H)
1,500 kg (3,300 lbs)
Benefits of Consolidating Metrology Operations
Automated metrology platforms not only ensure high quality finished goods, these high speed solutions also lower total cost per part by consolidating multiple metrology operations into one system.
Improving Long-Term Performance of Metrology Systems
In challenging manufacturing environments, adjustability, calibration, and monitoring are key influences on the long-term performance of automated metrology systems installed in uncontrolled environments.
Speed Wins in Contact vs. Non-Contact Surface Profiling
In surface morphology inspection, non-contact optical methodologies provide the same measurement results as a conventional contact profiler—but in a fraction of time.
With manufacturing facilities located in the U.S. and China, DWFritz provides exceptional global support services.