Technical Director of Electrical Engineering
Our Technical Director of Electrical Engineering is responsible for the supervision of Electrical/Controls Engineering Group to guide the architecture, design, and development plan for Electrical Engineering projects. In addition, this role has specific responsibility for technical evaluation and commercial utilization of new automation technology.
Our Technical Director of Electrical Engineering:
- Guides the Electrical Engineering team in the architecture and design of electrical/control systems
- Owns and guides the Electrical Engineering project development process
- Is responsible to investigate, and roadmap, future Electrical Engineering technologies.
- Provides mentorship, coaching, and personal improvement objectives to Electrical/Controls Engineering team.
- Coordinates efforts of Electrical/Controls Engineering Group; plans resource allocation in a team environment.
- Collaborates with department members to define individual performance objectives.
- Fulfills the role of Senior Electrical Engineer within the department, as needed, to mitigate risk, improve timeliness or support management objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Ten (10) years recent electrical engineering experience including hands-on lab/shop development and debugging of hardware/electrical system integration.
- Familiarity with motion control applications and safety circuitry.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- CAD proficiency – preferably AutoDesk Inventor.
- Vision experience (Cognex, Keyence, etc.).
- Motion Control Programming.
- Hands on debugging experience with hardware/electrical systems.