Senior Project Manager
We have an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager who would be responsible for overall project management, from concept through client acceptance, installation and client follow-up.
The Senior Project Manager:
- Coordinates preparation of proposals and quotes.
- Coordinates, monitors and controls the development of specifications and requirements.
- Develops project plans, individually and in a team environment, that meets or exceeds client's requirements and expectations. Project plans will include Gantt chart and work breakdown structure.
- Creates and maintains project notebook.
- Monitors and coordinates all aspects of the design process - mechanical layouts, details, assemblies, electrical controls, software development.
- Monitors project budget and schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project team meetings.
- Initiates corrective actions as required to keep projects on task and provides project direction during problem resolution.
- Interfaces with client during all project phases.
- Establishes and maintains an open issues and action item list (internally and between DWFritz and client).
- Determines external resource requirements and manages those resources to meet project goals.
- Reviews bills of materials prior to release
- Assists project team members in accomplishing tasks through hands-on activity.
- Provides technical support and liaisons with fabricated parts vendors.
- Participates in the assembly and test process.
- Manages communication with client during all phases of project.
- Provides project status reports to clients and management.
- Provides "Voice of the Client" input to company's Management Team.
- Supports and participates in new business development activities.
- General knowledge of engineering practices, including design for manufacturability, maintainability, reliability, safety and machine shop practices.
- AutoCad Inventor experience is preferred.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.