Senior Mechanical Engineer
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. DWFritz creates brilliant advanced manufacturing solutions. We are leaders in precision motion control, intelligent vision and advanced robotics.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a challenging, high visibility position that will utilize your experience and skills and allow you to work with high-level automation technologies within a project team to develop cutting edge automation equipment. The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design and performance of complex custom automated equipment from concept through customer acceptance, installation and customer follow-up.
These systems include features such as:
- Precision motion (sub-micron resolution)
- Sophisticated optics, machine vision and laser based metrology
- 3- to 6-axis robot integration
- Precision assembly with force feedback
- High throughput small parts (sub 1 mm) handling
- Integrated laser welding and marking
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer's requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Monitor and coordinate all aspects of the design process - mechanical layouts, details, assemblies, and control system concepts.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Position requires a BSME or MSME.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of recent machine design and project management experience.
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (preferably AutoDesk Inventor) with application of GD&T principles.
- Familiarity with machine control systems and experience with pneumatic systems.