Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an immediate need for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work with us in a fast-paced and dynamic project based environment.
Our Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Be responsible for the mechanical design and performance of sophisticated precision automation systems
- Take projects from the analysis of a client’s needs through specification, concepts, design, prototyping, system fabrication, testing and installation
- Work with systems that use such technology as multi-axis precision stages, machine vision, integrated motion control, pick & place robotics, PC controls and custom GUI/HMI
- Utilize both design skills and project management expertise
- Be responsible for developing innovative designs that meet and exceed the client’s needs
- Coordinate and monitor all aspects of the design process such as layouts and assemblies
- Develop and monitor the project budget and schedule
- Interface with the customers during all phases of the project
- Directly be involved in new business development proposals and estimating
- BSME or MSME
- Minimum of 15 years automated machine design experience
- Experience with sophisticated electromechanical machines
- Experience with precision machine design, mechanisms, kinematics, and dynamics
- Requires creativity and the knowledge of what works
- Must be able to visualize elegant, innovative solutions to challenging mechanical problems
- Solid modeling CAD expertise
- Familiarity with motion control systems
- Experience with pneumatic systems
Our Senior Mechanical Design Engineer works with a team of dedicated mechanical and controls engineers and machine builders to create sophisticated, turnkey custom automated manufacturing systems from concept through installation.
This is an opportunity to utilize all your skills while working with leading edge systems.