Controls Software Engineer (Temporary)
The temporary Controls Software Engineer will work with a team of other experienced and innovative engineers and machine builders to create sophisticated, turnkey custom automated manufacturing systems from concept through installation. This is a temporary position.
If you enjoy seeing your creative work being implemented into amazing hardware, this is the job for you. You will take projects from the analysis of a client’s needs through component selection, control software planning and programming, debug and installation.
These systems include features such as:
- Sophisticated optics and machine vision software (Cognex, Keyence, Matrox)
- Real time PC control architecture
- Precision motion state control (sub-micron resolution)
- Servo control (17 axes of servo motion on some machines)
- 6 axis robot integration (Epson, Denso, ABB)
- High level Custom GUI
- OCR and Barcode integration
- Lasers (Keyence, Coherent)
The Controls Software Engineer is a challenging position that will utilize your experience and software skills and allow you to work with high-level automation technologies within a project team to develop cutting edge automation equipment.
- BSEE or BSCS
- Minimum of 5 years recent automated machine controls experience (including hands-on debugging of machine control software)
- Five years additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience in robotic hardware/software systems integration
- PC-based machine controls
- Motion Control (Galil, ACS)
- Proficiency in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and machine vision programming
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is a plus
- Electrical Schematic reading experience also a plus