Our Applications Engineer coordinates the planning, design, and installation of machinery and equipment for advanced manufacturing, using knowledge of engineering and programming, as well as sophisticated instruments, intelligent vision, precision motion control and advanced robots.
Our Applications Engineer:
- Develops and reviews specifications for equipment, as well as performance requirements.
- Prepares cost analysis for integrating new machinery and equipment into the manufacturing process.
- Writes operating instructions for programs, or uses existing computer programs, applying knowledge of programming to adapt the chosen equipment to the specific job application.
- Oversees installation to see that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Tests to make sure that machinery has the capability to carry out desired functions.
- Coordinates with management to ensure that proper training is provided to workers to implement operating procedures, safety protocols, and to avoid system malfunctions.
- Sets schedule of procedures and maintenance tasks as required to maintain equipment in prescribed condition.
- Tests alternative techniques and methods; recommends change in procedures or equipment as necessary.
- Participates in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Provides technical information and training to workers in other departments, such as marketing and legal, as well as engineering and production staff.
- Participates in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Provides equipment functionality and capability reports and act as technical liaison.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Engineering skills required include knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and computer programming.
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience with at least two years in applications engineering.
- Experience in the design and development of programming applications.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.